ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Associate degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or (4 year preferred) / or and
minimum of 3 – 5 years of related field or equivalent experience.
2. Requires knowledge of accounts payable function or equivalent experience
3. Excellent language, written and organizational skills, exercise highest level of honesty, and personal
integrity and experience in contract negotiation.
4. Ability to meet deadlines and forecast future projects to ensure completion by submission date.
5. Ability to exercise independent judgment and set work priorities, flexibility.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance
with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable
regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe
and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
1. Route invoices to proper authority for approval and accounting code assignments.
2. Process vendor invoices following company procedures.
3. Produce system-generated checks.
4. Forward all checks and supporting documentation to the Finance Director for final review and
5. Organize returned checks with remittance information for direct mailing from the department.
6. Record manual and voided checks into the system on a weekly basis.
7. Perform the closing procedures of the Accounts Payable system at the end of each month.
8. Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms when necessary.
9. Maintain the vendor master report to reflect accurate and updated information.
10. Manages Housing contract requirements, including reporting, required cash disbursements, and
proper confidentiality of client information.
11. Record and maintain Accounts Payable, which includes issuing cash disbursements and monitoring
the aging schedule.
May 12, 2022 Page 2
12. Verify, document and post business transactions; prepare and check accounts payable for accuracy.
13. Perform data entry of accounts payable in a timely manner, as required.
14. Perform scanning, filing, typing, and data entry of accounting and business office records.
15. Develop and maintain a manual of business office procedures for administrative review and approval
to include Accounts Payable in Blackbaud.
16. Analyze for accuracy, trial balance of expenses prior to vouchering.
17. Prepare annual “1099” and miscellaneous forms.
18. Maintain confidentiality of clients, volunteer, staff and of secure fiscal records
19. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, Deputy Executive Director/Executive
20. Assist with the preparation of agency contract budgets and budget modification.
21. Process monthly voucher reimbursements and all required cost reports.
22. Process cash receipts, and maintenance of confidential fiscal records.
23. Financial reconciliations and statements monthly
24. Analyze expenditures and make recommendation to the Director of Finance and Program Directors.
25. Analyze financial processes and procedures and make recommendations to the Director of Finance
and assist with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
26. Assist other fiscal staff
1. Continually evaluate the agency’s purchasing function and develop and implement coordinated agencywide procurement policies and procedures that serve to eliminate purchasing inefficiencies and enhance
2. Responsible for company purchasing and compliance with internal controls.
3. Evaluate and monitor agency procurement needs.
4. Work with the Director of Finance to develop and implement strategies to optimize the agency’s
5. Provide ethical oversight over vendor relations, including primary responsibility for negotiating prices,
purchases and contracts.
6. Evaluate the vendor selection process to conform to OMB Circular guidelines, requirements of other
funding sources, agency standards and applicable laws.
7. Explore technology solutions that would facilitate the above objectives.
8. Perform clerical duties related to purchase orders and receiving documents.
9. Adhere to relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
10. Maintain confidentiality of all information.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty-five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.