ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes.
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to HR@acrhealth.org
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Ensure drug users have access to on-site medical services at ACR Health’s Drug User Health Hub and at partner locations across Central New York. The position will support the onsite Nurse Practitioner or Physician during clinic hours, conduct individual client assessments, referrals and offer other case management services.
- Provide disease screening, linkage to mental health support, prevention services, and facilitate referrals for ongoing primary care, sub-specialty medical care, and substance treatment services for IV and non IV drug users.
- Conduct enhanced outreach in the community, targeting high-risk sub-populations of individuals to promote and facilitate access to preventative health counseling and testing services, individual and group level education and risk reduction counseling, and other prevention interventions and supportive services.
- Maintain an active caseload of participants for Outreach, Navigation, and Linkage Services.
- Provide individuals with treatment readiness assessments, linkage to insurance navigation, and appropriate referrals to treatment facilities.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with Drug User Health department’s policy and procedures.
- Maintain accurate progress notes and client encounters in AIRS and EMR.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data which relate to specific prevention department activities and as assigned by the Substance Services Manager.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with community based organizations. Harm Reduction Specialist Updated: February 2019
- Assist with the general work of the department, including special projects and general agency programs/initiatives.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of the department and agency, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency clients as well as other appropriate organizational components.
- Work in a cooperative, collegial style with all other organizational personnel. Conduct oneself in a professional manner as an agency employee and representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Substance Services Manager, Director of Drug User Health, Deputy Executive Director and/or Executive Directo
- *All interventions must be delivered within the fidelity requirements of the intervention, the standards outlined by funders, and department/agency policy and procedures.
- CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
High School Diploma or GED equivalence
- Demonstrated experience with substance treatment systems and electronic medical records.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Prior Authorizations and collaboration with insurance companies and pharmacies.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable and insured vehicle is also required.
- Sensitivity to AIDS, chronic illness, substance user issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.