- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental, and culturally responsive services to diverse populations.
- Reliable automobile, valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel required.
- Ability to work daytime and evening hours Monday-Friday, and occasional weekend hours.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, substance use and LGBTQ issues and a strong commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of ACR Health.
- Facilitation of activities for LGBTQ+ youth designed to increase self-efficacy and independent living skills; reduce social isolation and increase social supports; increase awareness of LGBTQ-affirming providers; promote health and wellness utilizing a risk-reduction/harm-reduction/sex positive approach; and cultivate pride and leadership skills.
- Encourage youth participation in program activities and form healthy relationships with youth by being a positive adult role model and mentor, greeting and introducing new members, assisting youth with intake packets, and providing oversight to ensure all youth are treated fairly.
- Foster collaboration and leadership among LGBTQ+ youth through activities that promote teamwork and encouraging participants to actively pursue responsibility.
- Complete necessary paperwork including Group Summary Forms, Attendance Logs, Ride Logs, and Incident Reports as required.
- Assist in the maintenance of an active Youth Advisory Board to assist with program design based on the needs identified by youth members.
- Provide crisis intervention for youth and families and make referrals to internal and external programs/services, as needed.
- Maintain an active caseload of 5-10 LGBTQ+ youth for care management and services.
- Develop individual service plans in conjunction with care-managed youth and other related service providers, both internal and external.
- Participate in department and agency case conferences as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with the Youth, Family, & Education Services Department’s policy and procedures.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with school-based LGBTQ+ student groups, including the provision of educational opportunities and tips on how to create safe and supportive schools.
- Increase LGBTQ+ cultural responsiveness and competence of area providers and assist in the maintenance of an updated LGBTQ-Affirming Provider list.
- Assist LGBTQ Program Manager in maintaining Q Center social networking sites.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of Q Center program spaces and report any issues to the LGBTQ Program Manager.
- Perform outreach to increase awareness of Q Center programs and activities.
- Prepare all required monthly and program reports as assigned, and ensure thorough, up to date and complete client records.
- Complete/submit all required documentation within designated time frames.
- Assist with the general work of the Youth, Family, & Education Services Department, including special projects and general agency programs/initiatives.
- Attend community provider meetings/committees that address youth and LGBTQ+ issues and concerns and act as agency liaison to these provider groups when appropriate.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of ACR Health, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by clients and their communities.
- Work in a cooperative, collegial style with all other organizational personnel. Conduct oneself in a professional manner as an agency employee and representative.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Youth, Family, & Education Services, Chief Program Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Chief Executive Officer.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $21.98 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.