- A minimum of an Associate Degree.
- Ability to work under pressure during deadlines.
- Ability to work in more than one work site.
- Flexible work schedule, occasional evenings or weekends are required.
- Strong computer skills (web-based database, word processing, Excel, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Competency in languages other than English strongly preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic work environment.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGBTQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, 42 CFR, ACR Health policies and procedures, as well as all applicable regulations and compliance requirements.
- Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Educate and assist consumers with issues related to public health insurance benefits as well as Medicare, private health insurance benefits, prescription programs, medical debt.
- Assist consumers to enroll into Medicare.
- Enter all data into Salesforce in a timely manner, as required by contract outline.
- Maintain thorough case records of services provided, advice and/or referrals.
- Schedule and maintain appointments with potentially eligible consumers.
- Meet productivity and quality performance targets.
- Commit to attendance at scheduled staff meetings and training courses.
- Attend Monthly contractor meetings for the CHA initiative, and advocacy days as required.
- Attend yearly advocacy meetings with elected officials in Albany and/or New York City.
- Conduct community outreach to potential consumers and referral sources.
- Additional responsibilities as required by CHA contract, CSS, ACR policy, or the NYS DOH.
- Other responsibilities identified by your supervisor that are related to your job role, contractual requirements, reporting metrics, or community and/or agency workgroups, committees, and quality improvement initiatives.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $20.94 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.