ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Community Outreach Liaison
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma/GED and one year of experience working in social service/health care agency providing direct client related services to diverse populations (e.g., persons of color, MSM, substance users, mentally ill, etc.).
- A valid NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle with the ability to travel required.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must; Electronic Health Records systems preferred.
- Good communication, documentation and writing skills.
- Effective communication and documentation skills.
- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental and culturally-competent services.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ+ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide HIV and sexually transmitted disease screening to locate previously undiagnosed HIV and STD positive individuals and link them to care.
- Conduct strategic street outreach in communities targeting PWUD, BIPOC communities who experience barriers to accessing healthcare, and experience higher rates of preventable hospitalizations, and are at high risk of drug overdose. As well as high-risk sub-populations of individuals to promote and facilitate access to HIV counseling and testing services, risk reduction counseling, and other HIV prevention interventions and supportive services.
- Facilitates access to PrEP.
- Provides individuals with Protocol Based Counseling activities and one on one counseling, including: counseling, risk assessment and development of a corresponding risk reduction plan, testing for HIV/STD/HCV antibodies, and referrals for HIV/STD/HCV-related services; PrEP and Antiretroviral therapy adherence.
- Maintain the recruitment, training, supervision and scheduling of Peer Educators. Keep the Peer Educator Training curriculum up to date. Conduct regular supervision with each individual Peer Educator, and regular group meetings with Peer Educators regionally.
- Provide education on COVID and variants to all persons encounters; link persons to COVID testing & vaccination pods.
- Provide direct referral for persons to healthcare, telemedicine, mental health, opioid use disorder systems, HIV/STD treatment, PrEP/PEP services.
- Maintain accurate patient and service records in accordance with the NYSDOH-AI, ACR Health, and Harm Reduction department’s policies and procedures.
- Complete accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s) within agency and departmental guidelines.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with community based organizations within Onondaga County.
- Assist with the general work of the Prevention department, including special projects and general agency programs/initiatives.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of the Prevention Services department and agency, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency clients as well as other appropriate organizational components.
- Maintain all agency and program property/equipment in good standards. Cooperate with the IT department for routine security maintenance of equipment(s).
- Perform daily checks of agency vehicle ensuring its safety and sufficient fuel and maintain real time mileage logs for agency vehicles.
- Work in a cooperative, collegial style with all other organizational personnel. Conduct oneself in a professional manner as an agency employee and representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager/Director of Harm Reduction Services Department, Chief Officers and/or Executive Director.
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.