- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Drug User Health Center of Expertise LEAD TRAINER
ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a DRUG USER HEALTH CENTER OF EXPERTISE LEAD TRAINER
Submit a cover letter and resume to HR@acrhealth.org
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide oversight and direct supervision of all Center of Excellence Training Associates.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Promoting Health for PWUD and Opioid Overdose Prevention Training and Capacity Building.
- Assist in the development of new training programs (including trainer manuals, participant manuals, slides, handout materials, interactive exercises, role plays, values clarification activities, and other educational activities consistent with adult learning principles) to translate these latest developments into skills-building trainings for providers.
- Involve members of the community or target audience in the development and design of training curricula.
- Deliver a mix of in-person and distance learning trainings to ensure adequate access to training in every region of the state.
- Deliver trainings included in the NYS Certified Peer Worker in HIV, HCV, and HR course catalogue.
- Post information about the initiative, training calendars, and other promotional information on the ACR Health’s website.
- Assist in the development of Center of Expertise training calendars based on needs assessment and guidance from the NYSDOH AI.
- Tailor training delivery to meet the unique needs of the training audience.
- Use the designated online learning management website to carry out training participant registration activities.
- Track and report training data, ensure quality training data, confirm participant registration, send appropriate reminders, and document participant attendance.
- Provide TA in a variety of formats to NYSDOH funded providers as directed by the NYSDOH AI.
- Provide training-of-trainers sessions to prepare selected facilities and training organizations to deliver trainings developed by the Centers of Expertise.
- Coordinate delivery of trainings with other HIV/STI/viral hepatitis regional training centers, centers of expertise, the NYSDOH AI’s Clinical Education Initiative, AIDS Education and Training Centers, and other entities that offer related trainings.
- Communicate and collaborate with AIDS Institute Staff and respond in a timely and
appropriate manner to all requests.
- Attend all AIDS Institute required meetings and trainings.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of ACR Health, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by clients and their communities.
- Work in a cooperative, collegial style with all other organizational personnel. Conduct
oneself in a professional manner as an agency employee and representative.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director(s)/Executive Director.
- Master’s in Public Health, Human Services or related filed and at least three (3) years of professional experience providing leadership to public health, HIV, STI, viral hepatitis or PWUD health programs. This experience must include programmatic oversight activities, with at least one (1) year of experience overseeing professional training programs.
- An effective lead trainer will have experience in training, curriculum development, coordinating activities with community-based and governmental organizations, program development and implementation, evaluation of training programs, and will have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication, documentation and writing skills.
- Reliable automobile, valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel required.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural humility; sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGBTGNC and BIPOC communities; and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
- Career development through ongoing trainings, individual development plans and goals.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off policy including four+ weeks’ vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- One location