ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes.
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- B.S. or B.A. health/human services or other related field, or Associates with 3 years’ experience working in non-profit social service agency providing direct client related job placement services to diverse populations.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable and insured vehicle is required.
- Prior experience with job placement/ retention is preferred.
- Strong organization, communication, and attention to detail required..
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGBTQ issues, harm reduction and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Receive and review referrals on an on-going basis to ensure program eligibility.
- Conduct appointments with clients to complete intake, assessment, and service plans.
- Enter data into AIRS, or other EMR on an on-going basis.
- Provide employment placement and retention services for clients enrolled in the program.
- Provide job readiness assessments, training, and technical assistance on job searching.
- Assist clients with resume writing, communication skills, and employment related skills.
- Provide on-going support and referrals to address client’s needs.
- Identify and assist clients with enrollment into educational opportunities.
- Lead educational groups covering various employment related topics.
- Responsible for completion of accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s) within agency guidelines.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with Support Services policy and procedures.
- Join and attend ongoing community service meetings/committees that address job placement/retention issues and strategies.
- Network with local employers and higher education and vocational institutions.
- Will provide ongoing support and assistance to clients and make additional referrals to address their on-going needs.
- Coordinate with Housing Specialists to update landlord spreadsheets, contact landlords, provide client advocacy, and assist with housing retention services as needed.
- Attend all AIDS Institute and ACR Health staff and department meetings, trainings.
- Complete a minimum of 24 hours annually of professional development training, as well as all required trainings and certifications as required by regulation or contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Housing Program Manager, Director of Care Management Services, Chief Program Officer and/or Executive Director.
Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars.