ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes.
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Grant, Contracts and NYS State accounting management.
- Processes Contract billing by vouchering to funding sources in accordance with grant specifics following company and grant procedures and guidelines.
- Full knowledge of General Ledger, proficient at making accurate journal entries in a true accounting system.
- Receiving and recording vouchers, cash and checks.
- Producing a variety of reports including income statements and balance sheets.
- Checking for accuracy in reports, figures and postings.
- Reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records.
- Interacting with management, employees and vendors.
- Knowledgeable with Accounts Payable and Purchase Order systems.
- Payroll processing experience a plus.
- Must be a proficient Microsoft Excel user.
- Perform scanning, filing, typing, and data entry of accounting and business office records.
- Develop and maintain a manual of business office procedures for administrative review and approval.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients, volunteers, staff and of secure fiscal records
- Associates Degree in Accounting, two to four years of prior accounting experience in a not-for-profit organization, and experience in account analysis and monthly closings.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to set work priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work professionally and cooperatively with a wide range of people.
- Competent and working knowledge of computers. Must be proficient in both Word & Excel, Blackbaud experience a plus.
- Manages processing of vendor payments, and maintains related systems and vendor relationships.
- Sensitivity to AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.