ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Finance Associate
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, two to four years of prior accounting experience in a not-for-profit organization, and experience in account analysis and monthly closings.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to set work priorities.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work professionally and cooperatively with a wide range of people.
- Competent and working knowledge of computers. Working knowledge of both Word & Excel, Blackbaud experience a plus.
- Contract management experience required.
- Sensitivity to AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and
communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and
procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with
confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality
Law and HIPAA..
- Assist the Finance Contract Administrator with the monthly voucher reimbursement
- Route invoices to proper authority for approval and accounting code assignments.
- Process vendor invoices following company procedures.
- Produce system-generated checks.
- Forward all checks and supporting documentation to the Finance Director for final
review and approval.
- Organize returned checks with remittance information for direct mailing from the
- Record manual and voided checks into the system on a weekly basis.
- Provide accounting support to the Director of Finance and Finance Contract
Administrator, as directed.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients, volunteers, and
- Maintain confidential and secure fiscal
- Perform other duties as assigned
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time