- Bachelor’s Degree in health & human services, or related field; OR high school diploma (or equivalent) 3 years’ experience working in non-profit social service agency providing direct services to diverse populations (e.g., persons of color, incarcerated individuals, Men Who Have Sex with Men (MSM), Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health Disorders, etc.) OR an equal combination of education/experience.
- Basic knowledge about hepatitis C (HCV), HIV/AIDS, and sexually transmitted infections preferred.
- Automobile and valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental and culturally-competent services.
- Sensitivity to Hepatitis, AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
- This position is a NYS designated essential in-clinic position, and requires applicant to be providing in-person services.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by HIV Confidentiality Law and Health Insurance Portability Act (HIPAA).
- Provide the following navigation and referral services from diagnosis to cure; acute care for presenting medical issues, preventive services, and facilitated referrals for ongoing primary care, sub-specialty medical care, and behavioral health treatment services.
- Provides individuals with Care Planning activities in accordance to the Care Cascade defined by contract managers, including: counseling, risk assessment and development of a corresponding care plan, treatment readiness, linkage to medical care, medication adherence, lab completion to cure.
- Identify at risk persons for contracting Hepatitis C and/or are living with Hepatitis C, provide rapid testing, confirmatory testing, and linkage to HCV treatment.
- Implementation of designated interventions outlined in assigned work plan, monthly services summary, and logic model.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with HCV Patient Navigation Program policy and procedures. (e.g. AIRS HCV data module reporting, Client Files, Client Linkage Reports etc.) HCV Linkage Specialist Updated: September 2018
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data which relate to specific prevention department activities and as assigned by the HCV Programs Manager. Complete accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s) within agency and departmental guidelines.
- Attend community provider meetings/trainings that address target population(s) issues and concerns. 9. Assist with implementation and review of Targeted Recruitment Plan throughout the Northern NY and Mohawk Valley regions.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with community-based organizations and Community HCV Care and Treatment Programs.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of the Harm Reduction Service Department and agency, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by consumers and their communities. 13. Perform other duties as assigned by the HCV Program Manager, Director, Deputy Executive Directors and/or Executive Director.
- TEMPORARY POSITION, POSITION ENDS 10/31/2023 *
All interventions must be delivered within the fidelity requirements of the intervention, the standards outlined by funders, and department/agency policy and procedures.
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $23 per hour