- Associate (Preferred)
Full Job Description
ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a HIV Early Intervention Specialist in our Syracuse office.
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to HR@acrhealth.org
HIV Early Intervention Specialist Responsibilities
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- To provide early HIV and HCV prevention interventions, counseling and testing, risk reduction education, and linkage/retention in care services to individuals currently engaged in substance abuse treatment.
- Conduct enhanced outreach activities to promote and facilitate access to HIV/HCV counseling, and testing, individual risk reduction counseling, and group education throughout ACR Health service area in OASAS Substance Use Treatment Facilities.
- Attend community provider meetings/committees that address target population(s) issues and concerns and act as agency liaison to these provider groups.
- Acts as liaison with cooperating OASAS facilities to coordinate, plan and host events relevant to the target populations.
- Fulfill day-to-day needs of program requirements such as data entry, recordkeeping, and participation in delivering program services.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Perform harm reduction and prevention education groups in OASAS facilities.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data which relate to specific Drug User Health Department activities and as assigned by the Substance Service Coordinator.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency clients, the organization’s business or other proprietary information.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of collaborating OASAS Facilities including OASAS regulations and NYS Justice Center protocol while acting as a representative of ACR Health.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Substance Services Program Coordinator, Director of Drug User Health, Deputy Executive Director and/or Executive Director.
HIV Early Intervention Specialist Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health & human services, or related field; or 4 years’ experience working in non-profit social service agency providing direct services to diverse populations (e.g., persons of color, MSM, substance users, mentally ill, etc.)
- Basic knowledge about HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections and viral hepatitis, and experience working with young gay men/YMSM, is helpful but not required.
- Automobile and valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Sensitivity to AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
HIV Early Intervention Specialist Benefits:
- Career development through ongoing trainings, individual development plans and goals.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off policy including four+ weeks’ vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan.
Please, no phone calls. Only applicants selected for interviews will be called.
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $33,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19