- High School or equivalent with 2 years of human service experience working in the field of HIV/AIDS, behavioral health, substance abuse or other chronic illnesses.
- Familiarity with and experience in housing and working with at risk homelessness preferred.
- Possess a clear understanding of community level work and the importance of collaborating and coordinating with other organizations.
- Effective communication and documentation skills, as well as cultural and linguistic competence.
- Travel throughout ACR Health’s nine-county service area is required. Automobile and valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGBTQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide long term housing rental assistance and housing retention services to enrolled clients in maintaining stable housing to assure long term housing security.
- Program enrollments, intake/screening processes, completion and review of all program applications, assessment and eligibility determination activities, annual home inspections and quarterly income verifications, and monthly home visits for all enrolled clients.
- Provides care coordination and necessary referrals to addressing all enrolled client’s overall health and housing needs.
- Initiate and complete the process to secure decent, affordable permanent housing.
- Assist with completing paperwork associated with securing recertification for housing related benefits, income maintenance, and essential housing needs.
- Assist clients to secure services that maximize their tenure in housing; increase their ability to maintain their household and finances, independently perform activities of daily living, uphold the terms of their lease; prevent lease violations; intervene and mitigate crisis situations; maximize tenant safety and security; and prevent avoidable evictions.
- Communicate, engage, advocate on behalf of tenants and mediate conflicts with landlords.
- Develop individual service plans in conjunction with the client, Care Manager, when one is assigned, and other related service providers.
- Conduct multidisciplinary case conferences and coordinate services and referrals with services and clinical providers that facilitate a client’s engagement and retention in care.
- Maintain complete and accurate statistical information; prepare all required program reports as assigned; ensure thorough, up to date and complete client records.
- Complete/submit all required documentation within designated time frames.
- Participate in agency case conferences.
- Re-evaluate care plan/conduct case conferences on a regular basis to ensure continuity of services.
- Provide crisis intervention when appropriate.
- Maintain working knowledge of program rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Attend all staff meetings and trainings, including A.I. trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Housing Program Manager, Director of Care Management Services, or Executive Leadership Team.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.