ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes.
In order to be considered: Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Associates Degree or higher in Human Resources or related field.
- At least 3 years or more experience working in Human Resources field.
- Solid knowledge of standards and laws i.e., FMLA, PFL, ADA, DOL.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills and ability.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft word and excel.
- Sensitivity to HIV, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision and values of ACR Health.
- Proof of COVID vaccine required
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPPA.
- Manage on-boarding and orientation program and processes to support the recruitment , hiring and retention of Agency personnel. Communicate with prospective new hires to confirm start dates; send offer letters and paperwork for onboarding new hires; ensure accuracy of paperwork returned and reach out to applicants and managers for missing information.
- Conduct background and DMV checks on employees, volunteers and other employees as required.
- Set up new hires in payroll system and other internal systems. Communicate with appropriate departments, i.e., IT and Compliance, supervisors and managers regarding new hires and start dates. Schedule and facilitate new hire orientations.
- Maintain and administer employee benefits; Send out appropriate paperwork to employees to sign up for benefits; process benefits for eligible employees; Reconcile all benefit invoices. Work with Finance Department regarding questions on invoices.
- Maintain all aspects of claims management; Work with employees regarding various leaves to include: Short Term Disability (STD); Worker’s Compensation; Paid Family Leave (PFL); Family and Medical Leave Act;
- Perform functions for payroll processing, including payroll changes, additions, and terminations.
Reconcile payroll and ensure the accuracy of payroll processes. Keep track and update employees’ time off balances and reconcile accordingly. Communicate with supervisors and managers with questions on employees’ time records;
- Provide oversight and support to employees, supervisors and managers with regard to HR matters.
- Oversee all employee terminations (voluntary and involuntary); ensure inactive employment files; send out necessary communication to inactive employees.
- Perform all HR record keeping, ensure employee files are in compliance and up-to-date.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer in daily operations of HR department.
- Assist with review and interpretation of Employee Handbook and policies and procedures.
Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) work week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops and conferences and seminars.
Salary: $21.97 – $30.21