- Associate degree in health & human services or related field, plus one year experience; OR 4 years’ experience working in non-profit social services providing direct services to diverse populations (e.g., persons of color, LGBTQ+, People Who Use Drugs, or individuals with behavioral health needs, etc.) OR an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle with the ability to travel required.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must; Electronic Health Records systems experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with entering accurate documentation and data in a confidential manner.
- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental, and culturally sensitive services.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ+ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
- COVID vaccine required.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide HIV, sexually transmitted disease (STD), and Hepatitis C (HCV) screening to locate individuals previously undiagnosed HIV/HCV/STD and link them to care.
- Provide linkage to acute care for presenting medical issues, preventative services, and referrals for ongoing primary care, specialty medical care, and behavioral health treatment services for individuals with risk.
- Conduct enhanced outreach in the community, prioritizing high-risk populations to promote and facilitate access to HIV/STD/HCV counseling and testing services, individual and group level HIV/STD/HCV education and risk reduction counseling, and other HIV prevention interventions and supportive services.
- Work interdepartmentally to recruit Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) for adherence counseling and other prevention services to maximize viral suppression with an emphasis on Undetectable=Untransmittable (U=U) awareness and stigma reduction.
- Facilitates access to PrEP/nPEP.
- Maintain an active caseload of 12-20 individual participants for Linkage & Navigation and PrEP Navigation & adherence services.
- Provides individuals with Motivational Interviewing and tailored risk assessment activities, as well as one on one counseling, corresponding risk reduction plan, testing services, and referrals for treatment, as well as PrEP.
- Implementation of designated interventions outlined in assigned work plan.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with ACR Health policy and procedure.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data as assigned by the Director of Prevention, or designee.
- Complete accurate monthly, quarterly and/or annual report(s) within agency and departmental guidelines.
- Attend community provider meetings, external trainings, and other professional development activities that address the priority population(s) issues and concerns and relevant skills.
- Assist with annual community and program needs assessment and focus group activities.
- Identify and develop networking relationships with community-based organizations. Represent the agency in a professional manner during these interactions.
- Assist with the general work of the Prevention Department, including special projects and general agency programs/initiatives.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually, as per agency and contract requirements.
- Participate as a culturally sensitive member of the Prevention Department and agency, including having the capacity to be effective as an individual in the context of varying cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by clients, colleagues, and their communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Testing Manager, Director of Prevention Services, Chief Program Officer and/or Chief Executive Officer.
- *All interventions must be delivered within the fidelity requirements of the intervention, the standards outlined by funders, and department/agency policy and procedures.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt. 35 hour work week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $18.95-$20.30 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.