- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Northern New York Q Center Assistant at our Watertown, NY location.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience delivering stigma-free, non-judgmental and culturally responsive services to diverse populations.
- Reliable automobile, valid NYS driver’s license and ability to travel required.
- Ability to work daytime and evening hours Monday-Friday, and occasional weekend hours.
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, substance use and LGBTQ issues and a strong commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Values of ACR Health.
- Assist in the facilitation and planning of activities for LGBTQ+ youth designed to increase self-efficacy and independent living skills; reduce social isolation and increase social supports; increase awareness of LGBTQ-affirming providers; promote health and wellness utilizing a risk-reduction/harm-reduction/sex positive approach; and cultivate pride and leadership skills.
- Encourage youth participation in program activities and form healthy relationships with youth by being a positive adult role model and mentor, greeting and introducing new members, assisting youth with intake packets, and providing oversight to ensure all youth are treated fairly.
- Perform outreach to increase awareness of Q Center programs and activities, and establish relationships with local schools and community organizations, attend community meetings representing Q Center services.
- Assist in data collection, compilation, and reporting as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention for youth and families and make referrals to internal and external programs/services, as needed.
- Participate in department and agency case conferences as scheduled.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with the Youth & Family Services Department’s policy and procedures.
- Assist Q Center Program Supervisor in maintaining Q Center social networking sites.
- Assist in the maintenance, the cleanliness and safety of Q Center program spaces and report issues to the Q Center Program Coordinator.
- Complete/submit all required documentation within designated time frames.
- Assist with the general work of the Youth & Family Services Department, including special projects and general agency programs/initiatives.
- Attend community provider meetings/committees that address youth and LGBTQ+ issues and concerns and act as agency liaison to these provider groups when coordinator is unable to do so.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 15 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Participate as a culturally competent member of ACR Health, which includes having the capacity to function effectively as an individual within the context of cultural beliefs, behaviors, and needs presented by clients and their communities.
- Work in a cooperative, collegial style with all other organizational personnel. Conduct oneself in a professional manner as an agency employee and representative.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Youth & Family Services, Deputy Executive Directors and/or Executive Director.