- BA/BS and/or a minimum of 2 years of working in HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, behavioral health and/or other chronic illnesses.
- Familiarity with regional In-Person Assistance/Navigator programs for enrollment in health care through the New York State of Health.
- An understanding of community level work and the importance of collaborating and coordinating with other organizations.
- Effective communication and documentation skills; and Cultural and linguistic competence for the target population(s).
- Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, chronic illness, LGBTQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR health are essential.
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A valid NYS driver’s license and access to a reliable and insured vehicle is required.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Conduct targeted outreach to inform targeted high risk/high-prevalence populations and individuals of available health care coverage, occasional nights, and weekends.
- Conduct screening and assessment to ensure client eligibility and all required client information is collected upon enrollment into the program.
- Provide HIV/AIDS education services, including presentations and training to inform groups and individuals, both providers and consumers, of available health care coverage and HIV/AIDS treatment options.
- Conduct enrollment activities to provide HIV+ clients with assistance in applying for ADAP/ADAP Plus, Medicaid, the ADAP Plus Insurance Continuation program (APIC), the AIDS Health Insurance Program (AHIP), the Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage
- Program (EPIC), Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs), New York State of Health Marketplace coverage, Child Health Plus (CHP), and private or employer sponsored insurance plans.
- Learn and remain up to date on health care entitlement programs’ eligibility and covered services.
- Provide system navigation and address barriers to behavioral health care by coordinating with care management providers.
- Assist clients with the transition process from ADAP and ADAP Plus to other comprehensive public or private health care coverage programs.
- Assure that individuals have completed the appropriate application processes, including all necessary documentation.
- Advocate and assist clients in accessing the most appropriate and cost-effective comprehensive health care coverage.
- Utilize the AIDS Institute Reporting System (AIRS) to document referrals and service encounters.
- Attend all AIDS Institute required meetings and trainings.
- Identify emergent needs and provide referral to medica providers and other supportive services to promote linkage and retention in care.
Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt. Thirty five hour (35.00) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminars
Salary: $17.50 – $19.25 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.