Testing Specialist (Early Intervention OASAS) Responsibilities:
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- To provide early HIV and HCV prevention interventions, counseling and testing, risk reduction education, and linkage/retention in care services to individuals currently engaged in substance abuse treatment.
- Conduct enhanced outreach activities to promote and facilitate access to HIV/HCV/STD counseling, and testing, individual risk reduction counseling, and group education throughout ACR Health service area in OASAS Substance Use Treatment Facilities.
- Attend community provider meetings/committees that address target population(s) issues and concerns and act as agency liaison to these provider groups.
- Acts as liaison with cooperating OASAS facilities to coordinate, plan and host events relevant to the target populations.
- Fulfill day-to-day needs of program requirements such as data entry, recordkeeping, and participation in delivering program services.
- Maintain accurate client and service records in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Perform harm reduction and prevention education groups in OASAS facilities.
- Prepare all required reports and supporting data which relate to specific Drug User Health Department activities and as assigned by the Substance Service Coordinator.
- Participate in appropriate and applicable training/professional development opportunities for a minimum of 24 hours of curriculum-based training annually.
- Maintain confidentiality of all agency clients, the organizations business or other proprietary information.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of collaborating OASAS Facilities including OASAS regulations and NYS Justice Center protocol while acting as a representative of ACR Health.
- Perform other duties as assigned by designated Directors of Programs, Chief Program Officer and/or Executive Director.
Salary: $37,500 – 38,500 Annually (based on 35 hour work week)
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.