- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of LGBTQ young adults struggling with complex issues, service providers, landlords and other governmental and community-based entities.
- Capacity to develop extensive networks to assist clients through brokering needed and wanted services.
- Must be comfortable “selling” the program to landlords and able to follow through with clients and landlords, including being available by cell phone to assist in landlord/client mediation after placement.
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors on the availability of rental assistance based on client needs and budget constraints.
- Previous experience working with individuals who have experienced homelessness preferred.
- A strong commitment to the mission and vision of ACR Health.
- Automobile and valid NYS driver’s license required.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Ability to work some night and weekend hours.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required
- Assist chronically homeless LGBTQ individuals aged 18-24 secure safe and affordable housing per HUD and CoC Rapid Rehousing guidelines in Oneida County.
- Ensure housing habitability of all units by completing the HUD Inspection Checklists for each apartment on an annual basis.
- Conduct program enrollments and ongoing assessment and eligibility determination activities with clients referred through Coordinated Entry and enrolled in the program.
- Maintain accurate and complete client records, including client charts and data entry, in compliance with HUD and CoC standards.
- Conduct monthly home visits with individual clients and make necessary referrals to address their overall health and housing needs.
- Assist clients to secure services that: maximize their tenure in housing; increase their ability to maintain their household and finances; independently perform activities of daily living; uphold the terms of their lease; prevent lease violations; intervene and mitigate crisis situations; maximize tenant safety and security; and prevent avoidable evictions.
- Assist clients with completing paperwork associated with securing housing related benefits, income maintenance, and essential housing needs.
- Conduct quarterly Income Assessments with each client and adjust rental assistance, as needed, based on client income.
- Collaborate on monthly Independent Living Skills workshops to equip clients with the skills needed to maintain safe and stable housing upon graduation from the program.
- Work closely with the Director of Youth Services and other housing staff on the availability of rental assistance based on client needs and budget constraints.
- Communicate, engage, and advocate on behalf of clients and mediate conflicts with landlords.
- Maintain regular contact with landlords to preserve positive relationships and check-in on client-landlord relations.
- Participate in agency case conferences as scheduled.
- Maintain working knowledge of HUD Rapid Rehousing program regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Attend all required and recommended staff trainings and in-services.
- Attend monthly meetings, as required by the Oneida County Housing and Homeless Coalition.
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with HIPPA, Article 27-F, ACR Health’s policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Youth, Family, & Education Services, Chief Program Officer, and/or Chief Executive Officer.
Hourly – Non Exempt; Thirty-five hour (35) week; evenings and weekends expected for meetings, workshops, and seminar
Salary: $21.98 Hourly
ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.