The Q Center Mohawk Valley is a safe place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth, their families and allies to gather. Q Center programming seeks to promote equality, celebrate diversity, and create a safer, more accepting and inclusive community for all.
The Q Center Mohawk Valley offers:
Drop in time includes opportunities for tutoring, college counseling, meeting with our Case Manager, the Eddie Future Greatness Scholarship, which provides four monetaary awards a year to college bound Q members, and access to computers.
We offer weekly and biweekly support groups, such as LGBTQ Youth & Allies (ages 13-17), LGBTQ Young Adults (ages 23-29), TransYouth, and TransParent, to name a few.
Case Management services are available for LGBTQ youth who need assistance with housing, advocacy, medical care, mental health services, transportation, identity documents, and other issues.
Outreach & Education:
Cultural Competency/LGBTQ Sensitivity trainings for agencies and organizations are available free of charge. Additionally, we offer support to local Gay-Straight Alliances in schools.
Annual Pride Prom, Q Pride Celebration, trip to Albany, NY to lobby legislators, and several more. These events provide semi-structured socialization time, for youth to connect and realize they are not alone.
The Q Center Mohawk Valley is funded in part by the NYS Department of Health and the United Way of the Valley & Greater Utica.
Q Center Utica News
- Volunteers are an integral part of Q Center operations – mentoring, teaching, and chaperoning at social events.
- To become a volunteer, fill out the application.
Q Center Utica Support Group Times
- Utica LGBTQ Youth & Allies (ages 13-17): Thursdays, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- TransYouth (13-29): Tuesdays, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- TransParent Group: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- LGBTQ Young Adults (ages 18-29): Thursdays, 6:00-8:00 p.m.