Ryan White Case Management is for those individuals living with HIV/AIDS and provides assistance to help access medical and supportive services. Case managers assess an individual’s needs for assistance with obtaining and engaging in medical care, and provide referrals to services.
- Help one find medical care, including an HIV specialist, primary care doctor, and specialty care providers
- Assist in scheduling and keeping medical appointments
- Accompany clients to medical appointments and help talk to the doctor
- Coordinate referrals for mental health, substance abuse, legal assistance, and domestic violence services
- Support and advocate for a client’s needs with other providers
- Coordinate benefits and entitlements (SSI, DSS, Food Stamps, Medicaid, Medicare)
- Health Education assessment
The Ryan White Health Education program is an education-based approach to advocacy and engagement of HIV+ individuals. Health Education focuses on the following topics:
- Meet your personal health goals and outcomes
- Understand your medical needs
- Advocacy with your doctors
- Viral suppression
- HIV education
- Basic nutrition education
To learn more or to find out if you are eligible, call 315-475-2430 or email us here.