Cash is the simplest donation and provides immediate benefits. Gifts of cash include currency, personal checks, money orders, credit cards, and wire transfers.
Cash gifts offer good tax benefits. The charitable income tax deduction counts against a larger portion of your taxable income than a gift of appreciated assets. The IRS allows you to claim charitable deductions for cash gifts up to 50% of your adjusted gross income, but only 30% for gifts of appreciated assets.
Help ACR Health make sure that members of our community do not go without vital HIV/AIDS and healthcare services. You may donate on a regular basis by check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express. Call (315) 475-2430 to set up your monthly donation.
Gifts of Personal Property
How it works:
- You transfer a valuable painting, antiques, collectibles, or other personal property to ACR Health.
- ACR Health may hold the property and display or use it to help accomplish its mission. ACR Health may sell the property and use the proceeds for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, provided your gift satisfies IRS requirements.
- Please fill out this Gift In-Kind form (*required).
- You have the satisfaction of helping ACR Health without affecting your cash flow.
Wills & Benefits
Leaving a bequest is not only for the wealthy. Specifying ACR Health in your will or living trust is a very easy way of recognizing the trust and confidence you have in our mission.
- You can provide now for a future gift to ACR Health by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust.
- Your will or trust directs assets to your heirs.
- Your will or trust directs a bequest to ACR Health for the purposes you specify.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your request if your circumstances change.
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable requests.
Gifts of Real Estate
Donating your property to ACR Health could save you thousands of dollars in income or estate taxes. We accept gifts of residential, commercial, or undeveloped real estate. Gifts of real estate secure a charitable income tax deduction for you, based on the fair market value of the property, with no capital gains liability for the transfer.
If the property has been held for more than one year, you receive a charitable income tax deduction based on the appraised value. You are freed from paying real estate taxes, maintenance costs, insurance, and capital gains taxes on property appreciation. You also avoid capital gains taxes on the transfer and remove the asset from your taxable estate.
You can irrevocably deed a residence (home, farm, camp) to ACR Health but reserve the right to use it during your lifetime. This arrangement creates an immediate income tax deduction and a federal estate tax deduction.
Gifts of Life Insurance
Here’s how it works:
- You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to ACR Health.
- ACR Health elects to cash in the policy now or to keep the policy and receive the death benefit later.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate tax deduction for the cash surrender of the policy.
- You can have the satisfaction of making a significant gift now to ACR Health without adversely affecting your cash flow.
Gifts of Retirement Assets
- You name ACR Health as the beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or another qualified plan.
- Any assets left in your plan when you die passes to ACR Health tax-free.
- Donors 70½ and older can direct lifetime distributions from the IRAs to ACR Health without incurring income liability on the withdrawal. Distributions to charitable beneficiaries can total $100,000 per year and must be made outright – they cannot fund a life-income gift.
- You can continue to make withdrawals.
- You can change your beneficiary if your circumstances change.
- You can elect to leave retirement assets to ACR Health through your will or revocable trust instead.
Giving securities to ACR Health will double your benefits. Here’s how it works:
- You transfer securities to ACR Health.
- ACR Health sells your securities and uses the money for its programs.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, regardless of their original cost.
- You pay no capital gains tax on donated securities.
- You can direct your gift to a specific program within ACR Health.
- Call us at (315) 475-2430 so we can assist you.